Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Only One

I always thought that you were a friend,

An ally I could cherish and trust.

But now I know your flaws never bend,

They batter my joy to dust.

You haunt my life with tales and lies,

I grow sick and tired of life.

You sought to break all our ties,

Your words hurt more than a knife.

You value others more than me,

Despite all that I have done.

Whenever you needed someone to see,

I was always the only one.

I know it isn’t just your fault,

You had a problem with my attitude.

But progress in life I cannot halt,

Even for those with no gratitude.

You stole my soul and in that hole,

I feel alone and lost.

I remember the times when my only goal,

Was to help you at any cost.

I would close my eyes and fall asleep,

And all I saw was you.

But my bones are dry and my wounds are deep,

I know yours are too.

You call me evil, say I am wrong,

But stop and think of the past.

Do you not like this one sad song,

That I wrote for you at last?

6 comments:

adrian said...

started with ur very own suicide notes i see :)

Nilan - said...

haha talk about irony man!

adrian said...

u know man...sometimes i just so wish we didnt come this far...i wish i was still in INTI.

Nilan - said...

I can whole heartedly second that. The complications that have sprung up since then suck big time.

Anonymous said...

Nice poem... full feel...

Nilan - said...

thanks madrasi. who are you by the way, do I know you?